The idea of coming up with a new flag was reached during the preparation of the second phase of the Philippine Revolution. It was personally conceived by Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo, President of the Revolutionary Government and sewn at 535 Morrison Hill Road, Hongkong by Mrs. Marcela Marino Agoncillo - wife of the first Filipino diplomat Felipe Agoncillo, with the help of her daughter Lorenza and Mrs. Delfina Herbosa Natividad, niece of Dr. Jose Rizal and wife of Gen. Salvador Natividad. The flag was made within five days and handed over by Mrs. Agoncillo to Gen. Aguinaldo before the latter boarded the American dispatch boat, McCulloch on May 17, 1898 on his way to the Philippines. The revolutionists originally planned the hostility against the Spanish Forces on May 130, 1898 but a bloody encounter ensued between the Filipino Forces and Spanish marines on May 28 at Bo. Alapan, Imus, Cavite where the Philippine Flag received its baptism of fire and blood. Gen. Aguinaldo hoisted the flag as a sign of victory against Spain. On June 12, 1898, the Philippine Flag brought from Hong Kong was unfurled for the first time at the historic window of the Aguinaldo Mansion in Kawit, Cavite as the country's Independence was being proclaimed before the Filipino people. During the American regime, the display of the Philippine Flag in any places was prohibited and it provided severe punishment for violators. The prohibition was lifted eleven years later and reverence to the Philippine flag was allowed by virtue of an Executive Order which declared October 30, 1919 as "Philippine Flag Day." Though authorized and venerated during this historic occasion, the flag, however, had minor discrepancies. On March 25, 1936, President Manuel L. Quezon. issued E.O. No. 23 prescribing the technical description and specification of the Filipino Flag. It was followed by other directives assigning the National Historical Institute as the authority in Philippine Vexillaries and Heraldry.